Things have been a little stinky around our house these day...we've employed the use of deodorants, sprays, powders and cute little good smelling balls for the various parts of ones body. Still, there's nothing that beats a good 'ol fashion shower. However, being that it's spring and I've been working full time, my little chickadee is battling us on every front - that's her job as a pre-teen. This ugly autism stuff rears it's ugly head at the most inopportune moments and makes us take one step back from the many steps forward we've progressed.
However, Mommy had a very productive and restful weekend and was ready to take on the challenge tonight.
Kurt took care of G and the rest of the house while I staked myself at the shower door. Speaking softly, even though I was being screamed at, I stood my ground without yelling or spanking. It took 40 minutes (the actual shower was 4 minutes) and I'm going to have to bake a batch of cookies for the neighbor we share a wall with. But, the task was accomplished.
Now, we'll see if I have the courage to do it again in two days. Hopefully it won't take this long every time.
4 comments:
You are awesome!! And you lived to tell the tale.
Oh, MAN! You are SO much more patient than I am! She is lucky to have you as her mom! Funny story!
I'm really sorry that I'm related to you because that means she got some of my crappy DNA (well, very losely anyway). Because guess what. I HATE showers, baths, all of it. I have a panic attack EVERY. Single. Time. I take a shower. But since I can't smell, I worry that I do smell, so I force myself to shower. Plus I'm 17 years older than my genetic twin.
Don't ever apologize for being the wonderful person you are!
We've all got our glitches. She'll get it, once she decided to.
Post a Comment