Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Rockin' out with the Recorder!
We were dreading the annual 4Th grade recorder lessons (who really likes the recorder, anyway?) until Natalee started playing. She was really not interested at first, but put her heart and time into it and has become very good at it. She really took off when we bought her a slightly better model (the $24 instead of the $3 school issue). It really has a nice sound! The neighbors even noticed a difference!
Here's a picture of her at their final recital of the year, at school. She was one of 3 kids out of 120 4Th graders that played solos. I'm hoping to get video soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, that is really great! I am excited to see what she ends up dong with her musical talent. Is she interested in other instruments?
So cute. She has been very determined and excited to practice practice practice. I love it when they find something that they love and like to use all their stubbornness and energy on. Especially when that something is not me. Yay Natalee!!!
I totally remember learning to play the recorder in elementary school. Fun times! Good for her! :)
Post a Comment