Sunday, June 7, 2009
Monterey with 1st graders:
What a week we've had! Field trips or concerts every day. Frankly, I'm tired of all the "fun" and ready for some boring. But, we recorded it all for posterity sake and you get to enjoy it. (We'll post it in small doses.) Only four days of school left. Thursday I chaperoned for Gehrig's class at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. If you want to see something like it's your first time, go with first graders! Check out this video of them petting the bat rays: Priceless! It was like the ray was waving at us. They also loved (and I thought it was pretty cool) what I call The Wave Cave. They had a simulated wave over plexiglass with rocks and everything, like you were standing under it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh how I hear that! I've been to the aquarium twice for class fieldtrips. It's so fun and sooo exhausting! I too am ready for some down time, hmmm, perhaps next year?! lol!
How cool to see a wave from underneath, I'll have to visit that when I visit you next time.
I love anything with an underwatter tunnel. I love coung to zoos and things just to see under the water. I know I am nuts. I bet you had a blast.
I love the Bay! Good for you, for being Super Mom!
I've been thinking of calling you to discuss the up-coming visit, but I thought better because I figured you were doing exactly what I was doing -partying and fieldtripping and potlucking your brains out! Not exactly a moment to spare. It looks like I guessed right! I've also had 2 sick boys with raging fevers to add to the festivities. How about a planned call this Sunday late afternoon (post-church and nap!)?
Post a Comment