The Bock Family Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Flax Seed Bread


Nabbed this fabulous recipe from an equally fabulous quilter whose blog I stock: Crazy Mom Quilts. To make Ben bread you will need: 1 1/2 cup water 2 tablespoons olive oil 4 tablespoons sugar 2 teaspoons salt 3 1/2 cups flour 3/4 cup rolled oats 2 tablespoons ground flax seed 2 tablespoons milk 2 teaspoons active dry yeast Place all the ingredients in a bread machine and use a basic bread setting. I don't care for how my bread tastes when it's baked in the bread machine itself, so I set mine on the dough setting. After the dough is done, I place it in a greased bread pan, let it rise in the pan until the dough is about an inch over the sides of the pan. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

No comments: