The Bock Family Blog

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bock-isms

Our kids come up with the funniest ideas. For example: Apparently Gehrig was watching a History Chanel with Kurt on acoustical engineering. I was taking Gehrig to wrestling yesterday (why do all our good talks happen in the car?) when he proceeded to explain the theory to me. Scary thing was, he explained in such detail that I actually understood the theory! Basically, he talked about how they were supposed to have moved heavy objects using just sound. To further astonish me, he explained how he had come up with his own theory that he was going to sell to the military: acoustical weapons. But alas, he decided, he'd have to invent some pretty big ear plugs, first - to keep the troops safe. Seriously! Where does he get this stuff?! Turns out, there is such a thing: it's called the LRAD. Who knew?!
As for Natalee: We were making a neck pillow/stuffed animal shaped like a dog for her trip to Washington this weekend. As were were cutting, piecing and stuffing the animal together, she got really serious and asked, "Do you think this is how Heavenly Father does it...made all the animals on the earth by putting different parts together?" What do you think?
I love when they can verbalize their unique perspectives.

2 comments:

Mae said...

I'm loving your updates! I know I've seen acoustical weapons on "Whale Wars" before. Maybe he saw that?

I love Nat's question! I love her analytical mind. And love her new pillow! Tell her to have an absolute blast in WA, to give Little Rowdy extra hugs from me, and to know that Aunt Jill is one of the most awesome aunts ever!

The State of Our Family said...

Where do kids come up with this stuff??? Too cute!