The Bock Family Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Busy, busy time of year.

Yup, it's busy - but not with the things you would think at this time of year. I'm busy getting new students enrolled and activated so I can get paid while at the same time trying to finish report cards for the end of the semester. We're starting Gehrig on a new medication to get him a bit more focused and successful at school and are getting excited for Gehrig's birthday party this weekend - he'll be the big 9! Nat and I just spent the day at the Kaiser Autism Spectrum Disorder Center for her middle school reevaluation. I thought it would be a piece of cake -we've done this before and nothing is really going to be a surprise. Well, I forgot how much it takes out of you. We both feel like we've run an emotional marathon! As far as her diagnosis, she's been upgraded to Asperger's Syndrome and Mood Regulation Disorder Not Otherwise Specified. Basically, not as severe as autism and/or bipolar disorder. Whoopy. What does that mean? She's developing (yahoo!) but will continue to need social/emotional/organizational support in order to accomplish what her peers do. It's back to basics for us - what do the general authorities say about simplifying our lives? Now the trick - how do we do this with the new job I've got...Stay tuned! It's gonna be interesting! Now, for something a little more light hearted. This truly made my heart sing and is from one of my favorite quilters: Bloomin' Workshop in Seattle.

3 comments:

Stacie S-H said...

Thanks for the updates! Merry Christmas to you guys!

Carmen said...

Great update, glad that Nat is making progress! :) Thanks for the video, one of my favorite Christmas songs by far!

The Wendt Wagon said...

I am glad you guys are doing well. Keep on truckin, its the enduring to the end part that is the hardest.