Gehrig had a birthday party with friends at the San Jose Skate. Just so happened that the the school planned a field trip to the rink the same day - which means not only Natalee, but about 80 other middle graders were there too. He thought that was pretty cool and was not the least intimidated. In fact, he and Kate skated circles around most of them!
He actually turned 9 on Christmas Day.
Thanks Mom, Dad and Amanda for joining us to celebrate
They are Lynn, Jan and Denny. Otherwise known as: "D--, L--, J--"
Kurt and I with Grama - heart of my hearts, my sweet Grama Faye. We have many similar interests: plants, flowers, quilting, reading, cooking, babies.
This was hysterical: Grama, as usual, was the last to finish eating. Aunt Lynn and I sat there and chatted while she finished. Natalee had made these little place cards for everyone with Hershey kisses in them. Some people ate them. But, if you didn't and you left it behind on the table....Grama got it! She carefully peeled the kisses from the card stock and bundled them them all up in her napkin. She tucked them up the arm of her sweater for safe keeping. By the time Aunt Jackie and I took her to her residence, she had forgotten all about them. She was all surprised when they popped out from the bottom of her sweater when she went to hug us good-bye. She may have dementia, but she is blissfully happy - and cracks me up!
6 comments:
Best. Post. EVER! A little bit of your great writing. A LOT of photos (the best part, of course) and lots of good news! You all took wonderful photos! I love all those with Grandma. Thanks for taking them.
I love it! Good stuff. Why does grama never seem to age. She looks the same as I have always remembered her. Wish we could have been there!
Love the updates on everyone. Clarinet is cool! Band is cool! The end pic of you two is adorable! You have a great family!
I love the update. I would have to agree that the last picture is sweet. It really makes your head spin when a recap of a few months. No wonder why sometimes we hit the pillow hard at night. WHEW!!!
love-Love-LOVE it! What a great update. The last picture IS the best! WAY CUTE!
What a great matchmaker I am ;)
Great to get caught up with you guys! Now if we can only make it happen in REAL life! We'll be in California for a few days in June. Maybe we could meet up!
Post a Comment