The Bock Family Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back to School!

I love that Staples commercial where the dad is pushing a shopping cart and skipping up and down the aisles to the tune of "It's the most wonderful time of the year!" That's how I'm feeling this year. We had a wonderful summer with a family reunion in Washington, a great camping trip to Caspar Beach, several trips to local beaches and each kid got a week of their interest camp: scouts for G, horses for Nat. Kids, I love ya, but, enough is enough. So, without further ado...off they go, laden down with school supplies from Wal-Mart!
(California seriously needs to reevaluate their educational budget - shouldn't schools supply paper, pencils, kleenex, etc?!)

3 comments:

The Kelly Family said...

I agree! The most wonderful time of the year! Summer was fun, but exhausting. And I love my kids, but I can't wait for school to start. I just can't keep them entertained anymore. I'll still have 3 at home, but that is so much easier than 5!

Lee Family said...

I'm so ready too - I was ready for it to start back up a week or two ago! Joshua starts Wednesday (how can the boys be in 3rd grade already?) and Nathaniel starts preschool on Thursday (he's just going Tues & Thurs)...they've been fighting & picking at each other too much lately - time for daytime separation! Grace is going to be lost without her entertainment, though! And I sooooooooooo agree on the budget for our fine State!

The State of Our Family said...

LOL! It's so funny to me to read about the beginning of the school year for my friends in the States. Between the seasons being opposite here and the school year being Jan-Dec I feel so out of it! Thank goodness for blogs to keep my in reality! :)