The Bock Family Blog

Monday, May 31, 2010

Progress...

I've begun working again on a project I started 7 years ago. When I was first beginning to quilt, I subscribed to a block of the month club to complete a quilt called Women's voices, using colors and patterns representative of the civil war period. Each month came with the fabric and directions for two 12-inch square made of the same pattern and fabric, but laid out in different ways. It's very tedious, since each square is different.
I did quite well keeping up for the first few months, but somewhere around month 5 or so, it got put on the back burner. Two moves and 5 years later, I'm back at it again. I've got motivation: sheets that were on mega sale at Target last month that will coordinate with this quilt perfectly! I'm aiming to get it done this summer because our current quilt is looking a bit thin and scruffy. Here's the progress on the kit for month 8.

3 comments:

Mae said...

Wow! I love your quilts! I mean, I'm a quilt junkie anyway, but your quilts are always more special. Must be the sisterly bond I guess.

SLO Rober said...

I like the looks of it. God for you for getting back in the saddle again. I find myself quilting in spurts. Right now I'm actually learning how to make Cathedral Window quilts squares.
I can't wait to see the final product!

The State of Our Family said...

WOW! Fabulous! Yeah Target for giving you inspiration and motivation! :) Can't wait to see the final product!