The Bock Family Blog

Friday, March 5, 2010

They call me Mrs. Bock

The kids have been doing really well in school and home lately. Gehrig needs braces and Natalee has camp, therapies, etc. to pay for. (I'm sure you know where this is going.)
I'm not quite ready to go back to work full-time and take on the responsibility of a class of my own for a full year, but a little extra money would be helpful right now. Today, after subbing for a 6th grade class (and whipping them back into shape - they chewed up and spit out yesterday's sub), I was offered a 6 week sub position for a 7th grade class, and...I took it! I start a week after spring break (April 26) and finish through the last day of school. I'm gonna be tired and my house is going to be a MESS, but I think this was an answer to prayers.

5 comments:

mamazita said...

Yeah, for answers to prayers! We have a lot of answers like that around here.

jojo103 said...

Wow! It does sound like an answer to prayers. You'll be great, and don't worry about your house :)

The State of Our Family said...

I love how you say, "I think this was an answer to prayers." Is "think" the operative word here? No, but really, I'm sure you'll love it and they are lucky to have you!

SLO Rober said...

Good for you! Clean houses are overrated, anyway.

Anonymous said...

Dear AnnySo,
Of course it was an answer to your prayers. It was an answer to your Dad & my prayers too, because that is why we were so adamant that you get a college degree. You can supplement the main income or if need be (I hope this never happens!!)be self-sufficient. Also in 25 years what will it matter if your house was untiddy for a few years!
Love,
Mom