.JPG)
We attended our first Gold & Blue banquet last week. I was so proud of Gehrig, and Kurt, because I have almost nothing to do with Scouts, except running him to the meetings. Kurt does all the signing off and helping with achievements. It's been awesome for them.
Here is the cake they made for the Dad's & Lads cake contest. I had worked all day and was worried that the lasagna we were assigned to bring wasn't going to cook in time, so I was ready to slap a paper cut-out decoration on a Costco cheesecake.
Noooo way were the boys having that! They found the fanciest pan we had (
bundt - I talked them out of the tube cake pan) and chose Gehrig's favorite mix -
funfetti! They topped it off with blue and gold designs and a "100" for the 100 years of scouting. Gehrig was so proud and only a little worried that only a small piece was eaten, until I explained to him that
each scout bringing a cake meant there was tons of cake! Not to worry - it was gone in the next few days from our fridge.
4 comments:
Fellas, you did a great job on that cake! I think I will assign you two the cake for our get-togethers from now on.
Love,
Nana
I remember Brian and Mark's scouting as if it was yesterday. Larry worked and traveled so I got to do all the pinewood derby cars (at least the very 1st one)and I just remember it being such a joyous time for them. Come see my blog, I have photo's up of our Remodeling and you have an invite to come and visit anytime to go to Disneyland or anywhere else.
Cute little grin!!!
That's awesome. I'm impressed with the cake. And I love funfetti!
Post a Comment