
On New Year's Day we were waiting for Grandma Bock and Uncle Karl - but, they were stuck in Denver, waiting for a connecting flight. I had told the kids we were going to the
Monterey Bay Aquarium and I didn't want to disappoint them. So, we called some friends (the Tam's) that are exactly our kids ages. They live just a couple blocks away and were available! We headed that way, but discovered the sun to be shining gloriously at Seaside Beach. We couldn't pass up such an opportunity for more treasure hunting.
I taught Holly how to search for sea glass and the kids ran....and ran...and climbed.....
drank a little .....

and ran until the sun went down. Literally!

On the way home, we swung through McDonald's drive-through for happy meals and hot chocolate - they were all wrapped in blankets because they shed their wet pants as we got in the car.
4 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day! A perfect day in fact.
Wow that sounds like a fun day. What a great mom you are to be so flexible and turn it into such a fun day even thought it was not in the original plans.
Some time I think I need you to teach me how to look for sea glass, I had no idea it was so common on the west coast. The only place I have ever seen it is glass beach in Mendocino.
You are so lucky to live by the ocean. The pictures are gorgeous!
I love the picture of you all standing in the water. so Beautiful. It sounds like you had such a fun time. I bet they slept SO GOOD when they got home.
Post a Comment