The Bock Family Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

More celebration!

On this blustery, rainy day (yes, 60 mph winds) I just want to crawl in bed and read a good book. Seriously, none of my usual projects are enticing me. And, though it could probably use it again, I refuse to clean the whole house two days in a row - just on principle. So, I suppose I'd better get crack-a-lackin' and update the blog. We've had a lot of fun around here:

On January 2, 2010 Gehrig was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a good day, with lots of family and friends present. We all giggled when Kurt had to repeat the baptism, because Gehrig's big toe popped out of the water. He's just so light! It is really hard for me to believe that our youngest has now been baptized. It's kind of like the beginning of the end for me. I'm going to have to start taking classes on parenting your tweener now!

PS. Family, Could you email me the link to your pictures (again) of the baptism, etc. I didn't take a lot of pictures during this time - I was right in the middle of it! While Kurt's mom and brother were here, we had the chance to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium, thanks to some generous friends allowing us to use their guest passes. It was a beautiful day (when is it not in Monterey?) and we saw some amazing creatures.

Of course, we pressed pennies before we left Cannery Row. Gehrig was thrilled to have Uncle Karl's undivided attention - he towed him all over the aquarium and "explained" things to him.

Natalee discovered that each exhibit represented a layer of the ocean and collected stamps on a bookmark in each area. (That's her stamping with the orange thingy above.)

We were all pooped after a couple hours and had a big family back rubbing session after the last troop through the gift shop. This cool stone bench had sea glass and stuff embedded in it and a special seat just sized for Gehrig.

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Love all the pictures. I remember Uncle Karl. What a fun day!
This year I have read every book and watched every movie and felt like I was sure wasting alot of time. I discovered the new.familysearch.org two weeks ago and I have gone crazy with it. If none of your projects sound fun you might give it a try.

Annessa B. said...

Great idea! And, yes, Karl hasn't changed a bit.

Grandma Caroline said...

I'm so glad it was a great day for Gehrig! Wow, I can't believe he is 8 either, but sure enough, As Ashlynn goes, so does Gehrig! Nice pictures of the family at the acquarium. Congratulations, Gehrig for becoming a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Gehrig!

Oh memories of when my family went to Monterey. The stamps, touchy-feely stuff, smashing our pennies, watching the sea otters and that giant blue clam shell! LOL One of these days we will have to come visit....