I said I'd never be the kind of mom that fixed separate meals for each of her kids. Well, it's a good thing we only have two, because that's basically what it's come down to. For dietary needs, I've begun tailoring the kids food.
Natalee: She sees a pediatric nutritionist next week for concerns about weight and diabetes risk. In the meantime, she's on a high fiber/low fat diet, smaller portion sizes and limited mealtimes, with lots of exercise.
Gehrig: He's on a high caloric/increased fat/lactose free diet, larger portions and increased amount of meals (3-7 times a day) for concerns about low blood sugar and low weight. Oh, yeah and he runs all the time!
Really, what is a mother to do?! I guess my new title is dietician extraordinaire.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Project: Nutrition...Day 2
I said I'd never be the kind of mom that fixed separate meals for each of her kids. Well, it's a good thing we only have two, because that's basically what it's come down to. For dietary needs, I've begun tailoring the kids food.
Natalee: She sees a pediatric nutritionist next week for concerns about weight and diabetes risk. In the meantime, she's on a high fiber/low fat diet, smaller portion sizes and limited mealtimes, with lots of exercise.
Gehrig: He's on a high caloric/increased fat/lactose free diet, larger portions and increased amount of meals (3-7 times a day) for concerns about low blood sugar and low weight. Oh, yeah and he runs all the time!
Really, what is a mother to do?! I guess my new title is dietician extraordinaire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck with all things lopsided. Shheeeesh
Diabetes risk doesn't sound good! I hope the appointment goes well. The two sound like they are complete opposites food wise. That can't make suppertime easy. I'm impressed with you making meals to meet their needs. Good luck next week.
Annie, I have a solution for both the kids diets! Get the book "The Clean Eating Diet" by Tosca Reno. Larry & I had to get into a fit condition for our physical as well as mental health, now, we have both lost 2 sizes. I'm giving this book to everyone of my kids for Christmas, it's saved our lives. I feel better, look better and hardly any depression. It's marvelous!
That is crazy! How strange that they would be polar opposite about something as "simple" as food! :) Gotta do what you gotta do!
Post a Comment