(Yes, I'm a bit bias, but this blog serves as somewhat of a family journal,so please forgive the off-spring promotion! Also, Gehrig has a lot more on here because, well, being in second grade means lots more artwork. Sad, but true.)
Here are some late pieces of art that my kids create in bulk that I'm trying to preserve in digital format. I enjoy watching them develop and would love to save every single piece of their work, but...there's just no way in our tiny duplex. Even if we had the room...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing.
Here is a piece of language arts that Gehrig was especially proud of. I read the book Chrysanthemum to the class, which was really appropriate because his teacher is expecting a baby girl! Afterwords, we tried to see how many words we could spell using the letters in Chrysanthemum's name.

Here is a great poem that Natalee wrote at school. I was tickled that, even in fifth grade, they did bean art! The poem reads,
beautiful leaves,
falling flying leaves,
colorful falling leaves,
AUTUMN
Mrs. Dewhirst has been working really hard on teaching her class how to write letters. Gehrig wrote this one while we were staying at my mom's and mailed it to his Daddy.

And, yes, Mom actually built a fire in the fireplace and let them roast hot dogs and marshmallows!
Below is a sample of some of the "blue" prints that Gehrig has been working on. I don't know where he came up with this idea, perhaps reading too many IKEA instructions. Note that he used actual blue ink.

This is what Gehrig wants to be when he grows up...this week. I'm not real crazy about the whole gun thing, but, at least he's on the correct side of the law.

Lastly, here is a sample of Gehrig's writing.

2 comments:
You are so good to scan all this in and save it forever. You have inspired me. I love it!
I like the way he colored the mouse's shirt (on the Chrysanthemum worksheet) like a flag. Jason really liked the 'blue prints.' He says they are easier to understand than some real ones he has seen. I love seeing what the kids have been doing, thanks for posting all of those!
Post a Comment