It was so beautiful in Mendocino last week, even the locals kept commenting on it. We had three days of sunshine! I actually wore shorts one day and got a sunburn walking around town. Here's one of my favorite pictures of the church and gardens from the porch of the inn where Gretchen and Alan got married.

In addition, I mentioned earlier how well we ate while we were camping. We planned for three nights, even though we stayed four, and we each took a night to cook. Kim made an awesome hobo foil dinner with chicken, zucchini, potatoes, fresh green beans, mushrooms, bell peppers and great spices. Everybody could choose what they wanted (or didn't want) in their pie. Gretchen put together (I think with Alan's help) some scrumptious mushroom burgers and hot dogs, complete with dill pickle spears. I think I got off easy: it was my turn the first night and I simply made chili and cornbread at home and reheated it on the camp stove the next day. The recipe, which comes from
Gooseberry Patch's A Pinch of This, A Dash of That, follows. Of course, almost every night ended with s'mores, except for the night I taught everyone how to make roasted banana boats. Thank you, girls camp!
2 comments:
How come I have no memory of banana boats? Is this something you learned as a girls camp leader or has my mind just blocked out a yummy memory (I find this option hard to believe)?
That looks gorgeous! I love camping, can't wait until my boys get just a bit older so we can go. btw I've never heard of banana boats either...do share
Post a Comment