Finally, here was the end to our wonderful day with Mom, back at the house with cake and candles galore - the kids favorite part. Really, it didn't look like that much of a bonfire. She's a young Nana! Wednesday, August 26, 2009
More to "Discover" at Marine World...and ramblings
Since the kids were older this year, we were really able to explore much more of the park. So much advertising everywhere, it was like a mega-stimulation overload for those of us on the spectrum. But, truly fun! It wasn't until after one of the shows that we noticed this cool display cascading down the stairs.
I can't believe how big this picture makes Gehrig look. I think he studies men to see how they pose themselves, for the macho look.
Of course, I always love the tigers. They look so cute from way up there on the bleachers, though I know they're quite powerful, wild beasts. This one was getting his treat of milk from a bottle! Though I would never think of it, I get why people smuggle them home from Africa in their luggage. But, then, Kurt and I just watched Animals Gone Wild and...maybe not! We'll stick with our little Mousse and Sid for now.
Speaking of Mousse: You know how there's always adapting to do when you bring a new baby or animal into the house. I'm always paranoid that I'm going to accidentally grab a load of laundry and throw it in the dryer with Mousse jumbled up in it. I've been checking the laundry baskets, shoes, under cabinets and under couches for weeks, just to make sure she was safe before I sat down. Well, last night, we lost her. We though she'd snuck out of the back door when we were letting the breeze in. Nobody had seen, or heard, her for a while - she's quite vocal. Finally, we got the kids into looking for her with us (of course, this was bedtime) and we were shaking the treat box like crazy. Gehrig discovers he can hear her mewing, but it's muffled and he can't tell from where - he thinks she's stuck under the bed or something. I calm my breathing, telling myself if she's mewing, she's OK. But it was so faint, it scared me. Then, I remembered: we've been having a problem getting Gehrig (and Natalee) to shut their dresser drawers. As much as I'm trying to teach them to shut them, sometimes I just sweep through and shut them myself as I'm tucking them into bed. I was inspired to have Kurt pull open Gehrig's middle drawer, where the white t-shirts are kept. There she was! Peeking out, shaking the sleep out of her eyes, wondering what all the fuss was that had waken her from her nap tucked safely in Gehrig's drawer!
Finally, here was the end to our wonderful day with Mom, back at the house with cake and candles galore - the kids favorite part. Really, it didn't look like that much of a bonfire. She's a young Nana!
Finally, here was the end to our wonderful day with Mom, back at the house with cake and candles galore - the kids favorite part. Really, it didn't look like that much of a bonfire. She's a young Nana!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment