That was Natalee's response when I asked her how her first day was in 5th grade. I almost cried in relief! She loves that she has P.E. first thing on Monday and Friday mornings. She loves that we ride our bikes to and from school. She thinks her teacher, Mrs. Greteman, is really great and "creative". I'm really enjoying her personality, so far, as well.

Gehrig? Well, the verdict is still out. I think he's going to like his. His teacher, Mrs. Dewhirst, is very loving as well. But, he only was able to stay in class for about 45 minutes yesterday. He was falling asleep at his desk, so I brought him home. His fever came back last night, so he'll be staying home again today. Poor kid - he even did his homework! (Not much: just reading and putting one of his favorite things in a sack to share with his class. What did he include? Legos, of course!)

One of the things that made her morning awesome is a traditional breakfast that we have on the first day of school. It's very simple - I make bear shaped cinnamon rolls out of refrigerated dough. She looks forward to it every year, I hope for a long time!

What are some of your traditions for going back to school?
2 comments:
I love the Cinna-bear. We don't really have back to school traditions. A Father's blessing is one thing all the kids look forward to. Happy school year!
What a relief to have a good review of the first day of school. I never worry about Briggs, but I always worry about Ashlynn. I'm glad to see G is feeling better. Is it nice having a schedule again? I'm looking forward to it.
Post a Comment