Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Champion dogs...not!
A couple weekends ago we went to the famous San Jose Flee Market on Beryessa. They were having Splash Dogs - a contest for amateurs in dog jumping, like you see on tv where you throw something off the dock and they measure how far the dogs jumps out. Those dogs are amazing! This is what it's supposed to look like, you know, with a Retriever:
Here's what most of the dogs really did - and we thought was hysterical when a bloodhound came up: You know there's gonna be issues when it takes two people just to get him to sit still.
We don't think we'll even be trying this anytime soon with Belle - she's informed us that, though she has a great nose for tracking, she doesn't "do" the water thing. It would mess up her coat.
I think the funniest one, perhaps, was when the dog jumped in on top of the toy and, no joke, swam around for 5 minutes looking for it! It was under him the whole time and seriously playing mind games with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hehe, that's actually really funny. I can just see Belle giving you the, "Um, no." look.
What a cool thing! I've never heard of that before. I guess I'm not exactly the Animal Planet connoisseur (But I did have to spell check that last word...)
That is soooo funny!Sounds like you guys had fun too.
HILARIOUS! I am so laughing out loud right now! Great videos :)
Post a Comment