Thursday, April 16, 2009
Easter Camping?!
Yes, we did it! I was not sticking around for this entire spring break. We had to get out of "Dodge" city and decided to head up the coast to Caspar Beach, just between Mendocino and Fort Bragg. It was windy, but crystal clear and beautiful.
Of course, the highlight was picking up glass at Glass Beach. We got right down where the sludge used to come out of the old incinerator and were amazed at the treasures we could find still stuck in metal.
.
While we were there, Natalee turned 10 - I can't believe it!
It was Belly's first camping trip and, other than the spooky, velociraptor sounding raccoon's the first night, she did really well and was a great traveler.
I just love this cool shot of G the first night at Caspar Beach - we could walk to the beach from our campsite. Too cold for boogy boarding, though. We'll have to make the trip again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am envious, what a wonderful time you must have had. It looks like the weather was even good for you! Isn't it nice to have a change of scenery? The pictures of the kids are great, thanks for posting them!
I absloutely LOVE camping! I can't wait for my boys to get a little older so we can begin exploring the Pacific coast. I'm gklad you guys had such a great time...and seriously, I can't believe you've got a 10 year old?! where does the time go?
What a fun spring trip! I love the pics, especially Gerhig on the beach. And the spooky raccoon story.
Happy Birthday Nanny!!! I lobe her flower cupcakes. I bet you made those in a dutch oven for her. Your cooking skills always amaze me. What a sweet picture of her. THANKS AGAIN FOR THE HAT!!
I can't believe Natalee is already 10! The years are flying! (Well, I guess I should realize that because G's 7 and Joshua turns 7 a week from tomorrow!) Cute pictures :)
I so miss the beach and you camped there too....Wow the pics looked awesome and I can't believe how much your kids have grown, but then I look at my kids and go sheesh...LOL Happy be-lated B-day Natalee!!
Post a Comment