The Bock Family Blog

Monday, March 2, 2009

My son is a bottomless pit!

I should just turn the furnace off, let all the doors and windows open and store the food necessary to keep G full in the house - the fridge isn't big enough to hold it all! We've been noticing a trend with him lately - hungry all the time! I've been making him mini-meals for an after school snack to tide him over until dinner and it didn't work today. Between the hours of 3:30 and 6:30pm Gehrig ate: 2 small bags Sun chips an apple a jug of water fruit snacks two pieces of bread (plain, because he couldn't wait to put anything on them) a cheeseburger,yes, the entire thing (Thank you, Sonoma Chicken Coop!) two helpings of green beans some of my steak some of Kurt's chicken sandwich a bowl of cold cereal and more bread before bed. I seriously cannot keep him full! And this from the kid who didn't used to be able to eat 3 bites before he was full. However, getting protein in him to fill him up, without the dairy from cheese's, yogurts, etc. has turned out to be tricky. Any advice?

8 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

I really have no advice, except that I used to buy those ready made fruit bowls and give them the option of eating until they were full. Unfortuneately my boys never really went through that stage. I do feel sorry for you though, your food bill will sky rocket.

Annessa said...

Thanks for the sympathy! I know most mothers understand - he's just so little! I'm really not as concerned about the food bill - the hardest part is that we're also trying to get Natalee to slim down. What a combination!

Sherri said...

Sounds like this will be a year he shoots up six inches. Prepare yourself for all new clothes as well.

SLO Rober said...

Nuts and eggs

The Wendt Wagon said...

Oh man. Where does that little guy put it all. I think he may have a stomach in his toe. Look who is talking though. I think you and I need to put our skills together to create a super food that will keep a growing boy full. We could sell it, and make enough money to keep the boys full.

The Kelly Family said...

I've seen that kid. He's not that big. Where did all that food go?!

Becca said...

I heard it gets worse. And just wait until his friends come home from school with him (jr. high or high school) and eat everything as well. That's what my bro's friends did all the time.

Carmen said...

Holy cow that is a lot of food! Where does it all go right? I wish I could eat like that...