The Bock Family Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Keeping up...

I have hardly touched the computer (other than to pay bills) for weeks. I've been working...a lot! Which is good for paying bills. Anyway, to keep you up: Kurt will take two more classes next term and be done with his bachelors in History! In the meantime, work is treating him well. We found out that our duplex is up for sale for 1.2 million dollars. (That means: we won't be moving anytime soon.) Ridiculous! The one down the street is going for $487k and in way better shape. Gehrig is finally going gangbusters with his reading skills - just like everything else, takes him a while to decide he wants to do it. And, for the first time ever in his 7 years of life - he is not underweight! (I know, don't we wish.) He is perfectly proportionate, though on the small side for our family - he's doing just great. He finished his basketball season with his first basket - 2 in the last game! Here he is at the "awards ceremony" after the last game: Natalee is learning new (and scary) things in her equestrianism. Her sense of danger is finally developing, but that means she realized she's on a huge animal and has to learn how to communicate with it properly. Excellent on so many levels! She had a blast on her fourth grade field trip to Sacramento. They did the capital, old town and Sutter's Fort. She was really impressed by the state crest in the floor of the capital and love the chandelier's in the senate room. A bit disappointed she didn't get to see "Arnold". Kurt said it was worth the $75 bucks for the field trip because they watched Beverly Hills Chihuahua on the bus and he didn't have to sit through the torture of watching it with her. Check out the gorgeous landscape mother nature gave us during all this rain. Also note: Natalee is riding all on her own without a lead! That's Reba she's on, by the way. Me: subbing in special ed classes and loving it. It wipes me out, but I love them! Also dabbling in the heirloom sewing art, when I have the time. Trying to cook more healthily for the family (that means actually c-o-o-k-i-n-g), doing back strengthening exercises and surprise! lost 10 pounds along the way! Love that extra hour of light at night for walking the kids and the dog!

6 comments:

Mae said...

Thanks for the update! I loved it.

SLO Rober said...

Way 2 go!

Tory said...

Preston noticed on Sunday that you had lost weight. Good for you!

Sherri said...

Your family is doing so well! I would be disappointed not seeing Arnold as well.

Grandma Caroline said...

It was really good to hear the update on the whole family. I'm especially impressed that you lost 10 lbs. I'm also very jazzed at Natalie's experiences, that is just GREAT! Gehrig has always been perfect to me. My experience is that kids either grow physically or mentally first. If they grow mentally first they always look like geniuses!

Becca said...

It must be all that eating why Gherig is balancing the scales.

I am so proud of Natalee and her confidence with the horse.

Tish and I are going to quilt when I get back, so we'll see if you're around.