The Bock Family Blog

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Some cute baby!

I don't have babies anymore (so they keep tellling me), so I have to borrow others. Is it ok to post about other peoples' babies? I just think this little guy is so animated. Here they are watching a Sharks game and he's actually watching! Then, he turns and, as if he knows I'm taking his picture, starts grinning at me. (You'll have to go to The Wendt Wagon for details on this little guys birth, etc. - she gets to claim that glory. But, we sure enjoy squeezing him!) On another note, here's the quilt I just finished for him. It is one of my favorites - the colors were just fun to look at as I worked with it. I love the creative process of quilting and, no matter how much I plan, the finished product is always a pleasant surprise. The picture doesn't do it justice - quilts are just one of those things that you have to feel. Now, I totally get why my mom was always touching the fabric in the store. I catch myself doing the same thing!

13 comments:

Mae said...

He totally fits in with all the red clothing in your house!

And borrowing babies is totally ok in my book. I do it all the time!

Lee Family said...

Cute baby, Annessa :) And absolutely gorgeous quilt! Several women at church here quilt and I love looking at their stuff in our sewing mornings every Tuesday...I knit or crochet or scrapbook...someday I'll quilt.

The Wendt Wagon said...

What a cute baby, where can I get one of those!!!! Thank you for blowing up the burp rag so that you could make the beautiful quilt. Who knew you were that magic. Thank You Thank You Thank You is all I can say. I Love You!!!

mamazita said...

Wow! That quilt is amazing!

Grandma Caroline said...

I'm so glad to have an invite back to your blog, I have missed it! As for squeezing other peoples babies, that is the only way I do it anymore and it's wonderful! I love the quilt you made, it is really appealing to the eye! Great job. On another note, Kurt sure looks comfortable with him doesn't he?

Mae said...

Kurt always looks comfortable with little kids. He's a known baby stealer!

Susan Larson said...

Marix is sooooo cute and growing so fast! WOW. I can't believe Adam will be 1 in March WOW! WOW! Anyway, I love the quilt. It is amazing. Looks great in a picture but to see it in person priceless. I love the look and the feel. I am sure that it will be well loved. Looking forward to getting one of those and I don't mean the baby....I have plenty of those :) You have fantastic talent! See you soon...for our fabric shopping date. Sue

Susan Larson said...

Oh and remember your quilt care.... "Awesome" from the dollar store. I know it sounds strange but it works on everything! Sue

Tisha said...

Amazing quilt! I am impressed. You are very talented!

Sherri said...

I love the Elephant! You are so talented!

SLO Rober said...

OOOh, so pretty! P.S. we had soo much fun withyou guys the other night. Thank you for having us and feeding us and letting us recover after IKEA. It was pleasant and full of love.

Tara said...

Wow, I love the colors! You make the cutest stuff.

Becca said...

You are so talented! Hmmm... you should start your own business!