Monday, January 5, 2009
Christmas PJs
Every year I get this great idea: I'm going to make the kids new pajamas for Christmas!
It never happens - too much pressure at the last minute. It wasn't until the kids asked me the day after Christmas if I was working on their pajamas that I relized: that is our tradition. Instead, I end up making them the week after Christmas and the kids usually get them for New Years. I try to make them big, but they still always need a new pair the next year.
This year was especially fun for me because I had new stitches and techniques for jersey knit to try out that I'd learned at my sewing class.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
They look great! I never have had the nerve to try to make the tops, I just do the bottoms and buy a cheep T for the top. How fun, and what a good mom you are.
I love 'em! For a minute I thought you had found "Mutts" brand fabric. I was so jealous! (Think Nat's pj's I bought her this summer)
See, this is a moment when you tell yourself, hey, they're not Christmas PJ's! They're New Year's PJ's! Because what better way to start the new year than with new comfy PJ's. And then the next year, you can take a photo with the old ones and the new ones, just to see how much you've grown. And that way you also don't feel guilty that you didn't get your Christmas ones done. Because honestly, who has time for one more thing at Christmas...oh, and Birthday for you!
Great idea, Mae! EJ, the tops are easier than the bottoms, actually. I used the Simplicity 3557 pattern (bought on sale at 99 cents or $1.99) they have all sizes for our family. I didn't make G a top, because they didn't have enough fabric. But, I feel bad now that I made Nat a top, so I'm going to go back and see if I can get some to match. The waffle weave fabric is just so yummy! Warning: it does shrink quite a bit, but that's good because they were big.
Cute jammies. I love them
I am always envious of those with a knack for sewing. They look so comfy!
Oh, wow, yeah those pj bottoms really did shrink or something. It was great chatting your ear off. I am so blessed to have you on my route, so I can glean all your wisdom.
I love the tradition of you making PJ's for them each year! How great to make a tradition out of things that you would have to do anyway. I didn't know you were taking a sewing class, but I am impressed! Give the kids a big kiss from Aunt/Grma Caroline and tell them I miss seeing them. Maybe next year we will all see each other again.
Post a Comment