The Bock Family Blog

Sunday, November 30, 2008

What Thanksgiving means to me...

Natalee was adamant this year, neah, angry, because people were decorating for Christmas before Thanksgiving. So, we made sure Thanksgiving got it's props. I am so spoiled to be part of a family that just does turkey well! Check this gorgeous specimin out. Dad did it on the Weber grill - gotta learn that technique. Mom provided a great spread with all the other trimmings. The kids were funny, raving about the broccoli. We really missed my sisters families, but the kids were consoled because Wesley played with them. He's a good sport, being an adult and all. Also, Thanksgiving is not complete without the olives - they have to be from Corning.

5 comments:

Mae said...

Tell Nanny she has an ally in me about celebrating holidays too early! Before Halloween was even over Christmas things were going up in stores! It made me sick how commercialized everything is.

Plus we've grown up in a family that knows how to do a good Thanksgiving, so it must not be overlooked.

Wish I could have been there!

Sherri said...

I must agree about the early Christmas decor. My whole street looked like Christmas Eve before Thanksgiving came. Our house was still dark with a pumpkin on the porch and turkey decor inside.

Your turkey looked very tasty!

You make a perfect Esme!

Sherri said...

To get the Twilight songs I opened up a browser to Stephenie Meyer's website with all the movie songs on a list then in another browser I looked them up one by one on playlist. I think there were two I couldn't find.
I am obsessed with the movie as well! There is lots of info on filming details of New Moon if you hunt around.

Annessa said...

Thanks, Sherri! That's exactly what I ended up doing. Plus, then I just bought the Mp3 album for the soundtrack!

Becca said...

I would really like to hear more about that turkey secret during our next visit. It's coming up sooN!