The Bock Family Blog

Friday, November 14, 2008

Shabby Chic!

I read a title on the yahoo! page today that said, "Frugal is in style." Yeah! Really?! So, I wanted to share a book my friend let me know about a few years ago that kind of spurred me to take the leap and quit working full time. It has some good tips on every faucet of life for cutting financial corners. It's really more an attitude, prioritizing and I think we all could use some practice saying the words, "I can't afford that right now." It's also a good time of year to count our blessings and be grateful for all we do have! FYI: She also provides ideas and support for home schooling and caring for children with special needs! Great recipes on her website: http://www.miserlymoms.com/.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I hope it is in style, because I am a thrift store, garage sale, DI, enthousiaste. What are some of your favorite ideas from the book?

Annessa said...

It's actually one of those books that I rarely lend out because I keep it on the shelf and refer to it often. It has recipes for things you would normally buy mixes for. I think the overall benefit from reading this book was, even though it does give very specific ways to to cut corners, it teaches you how to get in the spirit of saving and not needing as much and "use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without."