The Bock Family Blog

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Natalee's heaven on earth

We have found a place that is just for Natalee. She has been accepted to take riding lessons at One Step Closer therapeutic riding center at the Calero Ranch Stables. Friday was her first lesson. As we took the turn off from 101 and got farther out in the hills, a calmness settled over us. Signs of fall are starting to show, as much as they can in the Silicon Valley. The sound of traffic and machines faded away and I could swear my blood pressure lowered. It is going to be something we both enjoy doing. For the first hour, Natalee observed the other two students, then she got some one-on-one time. They fitted her with a helmet, did some basic grooming and then she learned to introduce herself properly to a horse. Here she is learning to lead with Gilroy, the horse. She got to lead Me Too, a pony, around while Landa introduced her to the other horses in their program. Right before the sun went down behind the hills, it was pretty bright and Natalee borrowed my sunglasses. It was too cute of a picture to miss! The instructors are great people - you can feel the spirit emanating from them. We are really looking forward to her weekly lessons. This last one is a video showing her leading Gilroy over the ramp - it took her a little time to build up the courage because she knew the hooves were going to be loud on the wood.

9 comments:

Mae said...

That looks like so much fun! I loved my riding lessons and learned so much from them. And it really helped lower my stress.

Sherri said...

What a cool idea. I can see how relaxing it would be. My blood pressure dropped a bit just reading about it. Natalee will make some awesome memories there.

EJ said...

I just can't tell you how excited I am for not just Nattalee, but your whole family. Something as wonderful as this will really change things. When Natalee is calm and relaxed and having something to look forward to like this your whole family mood will be different. Please keep posting about her (and your) experiences!

Becca said...

I bet she is going to have some amazing experiences and learning lessons there. I can't wait for our next visit to hear more about it. Way to be such a great Mom!

Carmen said...

That is so great. I could see her being really good with animals. It will be a really neat experience for you two together!

Susan said...

Natalee is a true blessing!

SLO Rober said...

That is so awesome! Natalee you are so lucky and must be very responsible to be trusted with such special animals. I bet you are going to do great.

Grandma Caroline said...

Wow! What a wonderful place for the whole family to go and get away from things. I'm so glad that Natalee will have this opportunity to excell at what she loves best- Animals- or am I wrong?

Tara said...

That place really does look serene. What a blessing to find cuch a wonderful program.