Saturday, August 16, 2008
Who's cat is this and what have you done with Hobbes?!
Yes, this really is Hobbes. He was our first "baby". After seeing how lonely I was at night when we first got married (Kurt worked nights), Kurt came home with this little orange fur ball with attitude for my first Christmas present. That means he will be 13 this fall. Even Sherri & Mike will remember him from our first apartment. He's been the best cat - for me. He laid on my belly through both pregnancies, slept on my head during the cold weather in Provo and Tahoe and made all the moves we've ever made as a couple without complaint.
However, he hissed at any children and animals we've ever brought home and makes himself scarce when they are home. Until recently,...I don't know what his deal is, but suddenly, he thinks they're all OK. He curls up with the dog on the bed and lets Natalee bundle him up in her doll cradle and carry him around. I caught her reading to him in the hammock last week. He even makes regular appearances for guests these days! Whatever it is...I hope he sticks around for a few more years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hobbes? That is a funny name. It's probably his age. My dad mellowed out a bit with age, too.
Oh! Natalee must be in heaven!
That is awesome. As I type this, my own little orange fur ball just curled up on my lap and is resting his head on my arm trying to make it hard to NOT pay attention to him. My parents still have my cat Louis that I got from Grandma and Grandpa Hallows ranch when I was ?10? He is MUCH more lovey-dovey than he has ever been...just ask Mae! I too was wondering if he was repenting before he kicked the bucket, but this has been progressing for the last 5 years now. Perhaps they just don’t have the energy to hate the world like they did when they were young kittens. I love the one of him and Nat. Is he cross eyed in it?
Ej- no, he's not crosseyed. He's just trying to disappear and the light caught his eyes funny. Ever notice how hard it is to truly take a photograph of a cat's eyes?
We totally remember Hobbes. We have a cat now that acts very similar taking off when there are children in the house and hissing at the kids. I don't get it. But now have hope that she will grow out of it one day. We got her 'used' so don't know the age. Maybe a few more years and she will mellow out.
I still love the Hobby-dobby. But I'm glad the kids can enjoy him, now. Vincent acts the same way when people are around. Periwinkle just shows off and then sits on their feet...
Post a Comment