The Bock Family Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What a productive day!

Some days, I get lucky and accomplish a lot. This morning I did Pilate's (I'll let you know how that goes after a while - loved it.) Then I really cleaned up the backyard. I had a little more time and energy (thank you, Aunty Mae Mae for taking Natalee this week) and a lot of tomatoes (thank you Gehrig and Kurt for watering them all summer). So, what did I do? I made stewed tomatoes! (Thank you, Eileen, for walking me through it.) Did making stewed tomatoes from scratch pay for itself? I don't know, but it's worth how pleased I feel with myself. dang...I feel domestic! Let's see, we'll have Pasta Roni for dinner - I'm too tired to cook. Can't have it all, all the time! I've made jam before, but that always felt like cheating: add enough sugar to anything and it can't help but taste good. However, I didn't feel like going out and buying jars or lids this time, so they're getting double bagged and going in the freezer! One day, Santa will bring me a chest freezer.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Yum! I love garden tomatoes. I like seeing the progression process in your slide show. It's like the cooking shows. Cool effects.
Love,
Tara

Becca said...

Good for you! I am so proud of ya! I should really follow your example and get some closets organized...