Gehrig has a cute little friend over and, after exhausting the leggos, they decided to settle in a watch a movie. This little guy starts asking questions and giving a running commentary on the movie and Gehrig turns to him and says with annoyance, "Why are you talking so much? Just be quiet and listen and the movie will answer your questions!" Can you say pot calling the kettle black? I quietly pulled G aside and told him that's exactly how Daddy and I feel when he talks through the entire movie and to be more patient. I cheered in my head thinking this was a perfect learning experience; maybe solving a problem we've been having with G.
Never mind: now they're both in there asking each other questions and having a ball chatting away. Oh, well. Did you know: in the Bock household, watching a movie required audience participation?! And, yes, I'm willing to take responsibility for that wonderful little genetic trait. Really, it does have it's advantages.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Jabber, jabber....
Gehrig has a cute little friend over and, after exhausting the leggos, they decided to settle in a watch a movie. This little guy starts asking questions and giving a running commentary on the movie and Gehrig turns to him and says with annoyance, "Why are you talking so much? Just be quiet and listen and the movie will answer your questions!" Can you say pot calling the kettle black? I quietly pulled G aside and told him that's exactly how Daddy and I feel when he talks through the entire movie and to be more patient. I cheered in my head thinking this was a perfect learning experience; maybe solving a problem we've been having with G.
Never mind: now they're both in there asking each other questions and having a ball chatting away. Oh, well. Did you know: in the Bock household, watching a movie required audience participation?! And, yes, I'm willing to take responsibility for that wonderful little genetic trait. Really, it does have it's advantages.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is too funny! I love hearing about their little quirks, it makes me love them even more!
I believe that lovely gene is from the Brown side. Dad calls driving with Brown women a "Team Sport".
This is hillarious. I love it when they get a taste of their own medicine. It really doesn't sink in for them, but as a parent it feels good for a little minute.
Post a Comment