So, Natalee decided that a lock of hair was bugging her and she cut it off! She explained the entire thought process. "I was at school and had braided it and put a rubber band in it. I couldn't get it off, so I pretended to drop my scissors on the floor and when I bent under my desk to pick them up, I also pretended to cut my hair and actually really did!" Yikes!
I was so busy and she doesn't sit still very long that a neighbor pointed it out to me after school today. I was just so grateful that she didn't have lice, that I kept from crying. I just hope she doesn't get teased too much.
I was going to wait until tomorrow to get her hair cut, but I just couldn't send her to school that way. So, at 7:45 pm, way past shower time, we hopped in the car and headed to Super Cuts. (Oh, yeah, Kurt was at a Stanford football game - I was flying solo. He still doesn't know!) The hairdresser couldn't do a thing about the spike she now has on the crown of her head, but gave her a wonderful shampoo and cute A line cut. She's been trying to grow it out for a year and was so pleased at how long it was the other day, but really loves her new cut. Especially when I showed her how to tuck it behind her hears she said, "It won't fall in my food when I'm eating anymore!" Yes, and mommy won't have to coerce her into ponytails everyday, either! I guess it was a blessing in disguise.
I'll post pictures of her new do when she lets me near her with a camera!
I need professional maintenance!
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I thought we were past that...
So, Natalee decided that a lock of hair was bugging her and she cut it off! She explained the entire thought process. "I was at school and had braided it and put a rubber band in it. I couldn't get it off, so I pretended to drop my scissors on the floor and when I bent under my desk to pick them up, I also pretended to cut my hair and actually really did!" Yikes!
I was so busy and she doesn't sit still very long that a neighbor pointed it out to me after school today. I was just so grateful that she didn't have lice, that I kept from crying. I just hope she doesn't get teased too much.
I was going to wait until tomorrow to get her hair cut, but I just couldn't send her to school that way. So, at 7:45 pm, way past shower time, we hopped in the car and headed to Super Cuts. (Oh, yeah, Kurt was at a Stanford football game - I was flying solo. He still doesn't know!) The hairdresser couldn't do a thing about the spike she now has on the crown of her head, but gave her a wonderful shampoo and cute A line cut. She's been trying to grow it out for a year and was so pleased at how long it was the other day, but really loves her new cut. Especially when I showed her how to tuck it behind her hears she said, "It won't fall in my food when I'm eating anymore!" Yes, and mommy won't have to coerce her into ponytails everyday, either! I guess it was a blessing in disguise.
I'll post pictures of her new do when she lets me near her with a camera!
I need professional maintenance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
LOL! Natalee is too funny. You'll definitely look back at this (if not already) and have a really good laugh. Just take pics for her wedding video. It was a nice visit with ya today.
I love the hiding under the desk to cut it off part. Way cute! Kids are so fun! I really enjoyed the BYU fight song as Mike is off watching the game now. I love the first day of school as well. It's rough on Mom's. Go BYU!
I am sure Natalee will be absolutely adorable in her new cut! I can't wait to see it - and you - tomorrow!
Post a Comment