
We were blessed this Sunday to be part of a newly formed ward. About 2 months ago, one of the San Jose South stakes was completely done away with and the ensuing wards were dispersed into the surrounding stakes. Two weeks ago, we were told that Sunday's meeting would consist only of Sacrament meeting and a linger-longer afterwords - with the promise of cookies. (My family thought this was a great idea and should be repeated routinely.) This Sunday, we sat there as the previous Oakridge, Parkview and 15th wards, and supported President Hunter (yes, the prior prophet's son - that's him in the center front) when he asked for our vote in establishing the newly created Blossom Valley Ward. Of course, we are thrilled. The entire chapel and overflow were filled! People were smiling and greeting each other - my children even played with other children their age! (The cookies were a big help.) We are all excited about getting to know new people and perhaps, not having three and four callings anymore.
4 comments:
Wow, they combined all three wards?! That's great. It's nice to have a bigger support system in the church. I'm glad they finally combined the wards :)
It's an interesting commentary on member families in urban areas. Seattle North stake (the stake I was in) had wards 1, 3, and 5, but no 2, 4, or 6. I never did find out where they went, but my guess is they combined them.
Very nice to hear good music while I'm catching up on your life! The sad part about combining wards is that it means the priesthood is moving out! Makes you wonder whats going on- at least it did me when they combined our wards in Torrance.
Nice. Our building (formerly shared with the 15th ward) was so empty. Usually we overlap one hour. I have heard a rumor that I will be called back to Primary - no calling other than visting teacher for now. We are doing playgroup indoors at our ward building T and W at 10 AM - maybe you can come sometime.... Love to see you again.
Post a Comment