The Bock Family Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Ah...summer!

This time of year I can get very melancholy for the loss of daylight and knowing that colder days are coming. Being unable to visit the beach is probably the worst part of winter. Last winter I insisted we visit Santa Cruz-in February-I missed it so much. We bundled the kids up in their warmest coats (as warm as we can get in California) and went for a walk. There was actually snow on the roof valleys! Here's a clip from one of our visits to Sea Cliff State Beach. The kids love the cement boat, the tide pools and taking the dog. I love that the bathrooms are close and we can rinse the kids off before they get in the car. It is very cathartic for me to sit and watch the kids play and read a book or take the dog for a run. This is Natalee the day she and G discovered boogie boarding - August 2007. Note G jiggin' in the waves.

No comments: