We've been so busy working hard and having fun, that I forgot to blog about it. Well, when I started this, I vowed that it was NOT going to be another source of worry for me. So, this is what happens. Now, onward.
Gehrig has been busy as ever, crafting new things from trash. Here, our very spoiled kitty, got another home. You can see he thought of everything a feline could need: windows, a foil toy and he even lined it with his favorite blanket, "B". That is true love!
G and I have been on a few field trips with his class in San Jose. Fourth Grade is one of my favorites because of all the state history. This year has been kind of bittersweet: on one hand, the kids are so much fun because they are old enough to really DO things with. On the other hand, it's the beginning of the end. That time when a volunteer mom, like me, is wanted less and less at school. So, I relish these last few trips that I actually get to go on and not embarress him.
Sometimes I bemoan the fact that we live in such a large city. But, then, my kids get to experience things like this: The California Theatre. For free. It was an ArtSpark program in which everything was sponsored by the city. We took the bus downtown and listened to a special presentation by the Symphony Silicon Valley. Amazing!
We are not allowed to take pictures inside the building, so this one, copied from the website,
Then, we walked a couple blocks down to the Center for Performing Arts and, great readers that they are, the recognized a statue of Momotaro, the peach boy of Japanese folklore. It was quite fitting that they went to see Japanese Taiko drummers.
| It's a California bear |
| Momotaro |
Of course, you don't go on 87 without traffic!
No comments:
Post a Comment