The Bock Family Blog

Monday, March 5, 2012

86 and 29...ish

Weren't we cute to match sweaters, this day?
My Grama and Aunt Lynn's birthday was so much fun!  We give the props to Mom for the idea, even though she couldn't make it (darn bug).  We took a Costco sheetcake to Grama's residence in Red Bluff and surprised her.  Well, everything over 5 minutes ago is a surprise to her, but she's happy. I think that's a blessing!
 

The kids were awesome and so sweet.  They sang a myriad of Happy Birthday songs to she and her friends while they ate cake.  Can you imagine - 5 kiddos invading this quiet place - they livened up the place and everyone loved it! Grama and Juanita even got into the goofy face act.


 The memory care facility was so gracious and provided us with a table and knife so we could cut the cake and treat all the residences to a piece.  (We timed it to arrive there just before lunch.)  They were so cute and just as thrilled as preschoolers to be having cake!  Gehrig and Nat both took one look at the cake with it's smiling sunshiny face and smiley face bright flowers and said, "Oh, that's a good cake for old people!"  Whatever that means, I thought it was pretty funny.


Then, it was down the road a piece to Corning to celebrate my Aunt's birthday.  Their birthday's are actually on February 21, but the kid's had Monday off so it was a perfect day to celebrate.  There was no rain and the kids could run around the yard and play.  Aunt Lynn has done a great job on decluttering and sprucing up the house, with Uncle Denny's help, a little bit at a time.  It's got her pretty, little touches here and there, yet is still the cheery, loving home I remember hunting for Easter eggs in as a kid.
Aunt Lynn's Birds -remind me what they're called?





And - the garden! Oh, the Garden! Grandpa Dick would be proud.  The yard is huge and I loved seeing them explore the same things I did as a kid.  Check out the camelia bushes next to the gate Ty is climbing - it's as tall as the house!

"I bet I can fit through here before Mom catches me..."

















Kate brought an awesome spread for deli sandwhiches and fruit salad.  Natalee provided cute little cake balls frosted with Aunt Lynn's favorite lavendar color icing.

The kids also delighted us with a couple of impromptu skits.


The kids love playing with their cousins and I was glad we had the chance to get together with family and share the day.

1 comment:

SLO Rober said...

We had so much fun! glad it worked out.