The Bock Family Blog

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas in the New House

Apparently I didn't get enough Christmas because when Gehrig had his buddy, Wilburth, over today, I busted out the cookie cutters and sprinkles and we made Christmas Cookies!  I know Christmas is over but, with the move and all, we hadn't had time to bake.  I'm down to the last few boxes and I felt brave today.

The kids had a ball!  I am so thankful for a bigger house and the vinyl on our table that made it possible.


We had a nice ham dinner on Christmas Eve with Nana and Papa.  We had Nana's special cheesy potatoes, cheesy broccoli and she finally told me the secret to Grandma Faye's fruit salad:  some of the juice from the canned fruit cocktail, a fresh apple, a fresh banana, mayonnaise and a little it of sugar.  I never would have got that on my own! 
  While I was still trying to get sheets on the beds for the first time in our new place, the kids dug out the tree and set it and the stockings up all on their own - together. 
 Here are some of the highlights in the gift department - I think they show the kids current interests well.  Since they just got their own rooms, we went with a room make-over theme.  I couldn't resist this Yoda doll for him.
 Natalee can't let go of her Panda pillowpet.  In the last few months before Christmas she kept saving up her money to buy one and I had to stall her!
 Nana and Papa had this fun game for the kids to play in order to open their presents:  There were baby pictures and body parts of the kids on each present.  They had to guess who's picture it was before they were able to open it.  My how they've grown.
 Gehrig made Kurt a dollar bill folded like a tshirt - so clever.

1 comment:

The State of Our Family said...

Good to see someone else has as much trouble letting go of Christmas as I do. :)