
Gehrig's throat culture (from yesterday) came back positive for strep. Shocker; he was the third to fall. He wasn't really showing any symptoms, I just thought we ought to have him checked. Kurt, on the other hand, has dodged the bullet. Don't ask me how, we really do share a bed. But, somehow he avoided the virus that causes it. Good for him. Somebody has to work around here. So, the three of us are on
penicillin and are doing much better.
In the meantime, Gehrig and I took a stroll through Michael's craft store for some $1 bin boredom busters. He found a cool helicopter to build and tomorrow he can paint it. I found, sigh, something I'd been coveting was 50% off. Yeah! They were so pretty, I couldn't help myself. It's the little "Bloom" box. Gehrig picked some rosemary and lavender at Home Depot for the little pots. It makes it smell like spring in the kitchen.
While Gehrig can't technically go to school until he has been on the antibiotics for 24 hours (which means he won't be back until Monday because 24 hrs. would be half way through Friday) he hasn't felt all that bad. He's gotten pretty good at keeping himself busy. Here are some of his latest creations and the response from his adoring fans.
It makes a great laptop station, too. I love my weird kid!

Yesterday, while I was dead-to-the-world, apparently there were some impromptu science projects happening. Gehrig even documented it (aka provided evidence) on the camera. He's been fascinated with magnets lately. This one has something to do with lemon juice, aluminum foil and magnetizing two nails. I don't understand the physics, but he said the citric acid in the lemon juice conducts electricity and magnetizes the nails.
Hmmm...where was he when I was in Physics?! He really can't be my son. That must be Kurt's genes. Or just his own little talent.
4 comments:
I am so impressed with Gehrig's experiment!!! I think I'll be getting him a book on science experiments to do at home for his next gift-giving occasion (which would be all the time if I had the money!)
I love how he fits in his little laptop station!
I wish Nat was in more pictures, but she takes after her Auntie and never seems to be around when a camera comes out!
Love your herbs, too.
Yeah, Natalee does not like the camera. Plus, she's been well enough to be at school the last few days. These are pictures of the things we've been doing to keep Gehrig busy.
LOVE the 'bloom box!' I think I might go check them out.
The kid/kitty/dog station is awesome. That video was very cute. The look Moose gave you when you said his name was really cute!
Awesome experiment. Well done G! (And well done Mom that this is the type of thing he does when you aren't watching!)
What a smart boy! He finds creative ways to entertain himself.
Love the herb garden!
Post a Comment