Natalee and I took a little day trip to Santa Cruz back in November to see the Sea Glass Festival. Our neighbors and friends had an exhibit at the show and we needed a girls day out. It was rainy, blustery, but a wonderful day with my girl that will stay in my memory for a long time (I hope).

A beautiful mansion facing the ocean - I think it's a bed and breakfast. When can I move in?

I love the colors on this Christmas tree!

Here's an awesome mosaic made with sea glass and pottery ! I love turtles.

Statue of a surfer.

Natalee spied these sea lion on the supports between the
pylons on the pier.

My girl on the wharf looking back at the boardwalk.

I thought this display of Patty's collection of sea glass (in
epsom salt) was stunning.

Kim and Jim's booth was so amazing - and touchable - nobody else had stuff you could really pick up and touch. They invited it! Kim was having a good time here.

The Dolphin is a tiny little
restaurant where we ducked out of the cold and had clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl. Yum!
6 comments:
Looks like a wonderful day! I love those little tiny clam chowder shacks. The smaller the joint, the better they taste for some reason...
LOVE the mother-daughter outing! So glad you are able to get away from time to time to enjoy where we live! Being so close to the ocean is really a blessing. Great pictures too!
Wow! Those are beautiful. It is always great to have a day with just mom and daughter!
oooohhhhh....clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl....my stomach just skipped a beat. :)
oooohhhhh....clam chowder in a sourdough bread bowl....my stomach just skipped a beat. :)
(For Sheldon: the proceeding message is said with tongue thoroughly and lovingly in cheek)
Dear Nessa,
You birthed defective children. I specifically remember requesting you NOT allow them to age when I contracted you to bear my niece and nephew. Where's the sisterly love? Why did you raise healthy children?! Why are you allowing them to grow up and be cool people?! I'm enjoying their cool peopleness, but I'm kinda scared to say goodbye to them being cool tiny people.
(This all came about from looking at photos of my babies and realizing my Nannykins (don't tell her I called her that...she'd hate me!) is going into Young Women in 2 months. This cannot be allowed to happen!!! Although in truth, I think she'll really enjoy YW...
And life is seeming a bit too brief as of late and I hate missing out on their lives...)
Post a Comment