Natalee took this picture of Dawn and I with the boys.
Thursday, October 21, 2010
What to do on a furlough week...
What do you do when the kids have an entire week off of school (teachers got a 3% pay cut and a week off)? Go the zoo, of course. Great idea, Dawn!
I took tons of pictures; until my battery died. These are our favorites.

Beautiful Natalee the Peacock (peahen?)
This guys was so social! I loved his enclosure, built back in the 40's during the public works project. They say it would cost more to tear it down than to build a new one, so they're leaving it. That's the way to build things!
Natalee found this little hidey hole in the barn complete with a dvd player, books and drawing paper. She announced that if we ever lived in the country, this would be her room. The sheep and goats were all gathered around the dutch-door waiting for her.
How stinkin' cute is this little prairie dog?! I couldn't believe how close we could get to them and I loved learning about how they work together as a community.
Meet Petunia. He's an African Lion and just as cool as can be. We got to go behind the scenes and watch him be fed raw chunks of beef. So cute, but amazingly powerful up close.
Again, cutey-petutey Mr. Polar bear sunning himself.
Natalee would have spent all day in the newly refurbished rain forest house. While the boys sniffed, swung, mazed and cawed, Natalee rescued a butterfly from a spider web and named him/her.
This guys is a double waddled _________ and was used as the model for the bird in Pixar's UP. Gehrig was the first to recognize him, then we read the sign that confirmed it. Sharp kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just to say it again, Natalee and I ARE twins, so it doesn't really bother me when people mix our names up. She picked the hidey-hole that I would love, crammed with books, wood, and animals all in one convenient, private location!
And I love that photo of her with the peacock feathers. Perfectly placed!
And yes, I've known G was sharp for a while. It almost scares me how intelligent he is and what he catches onto.
What great pictures! The first two and last one are my favorites. Looks like a great day!
I love Natalee's "country house" room. What a special find. And how cool is Kevin!it looked like a pretty day.
Post a Comment