The Bock Family Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Kaiser...we are getting way too comfortable!

Gehrig and I had a fun filled couple of days while I took care of business with the doctors at Sutter. We spent a couple hours at the new aquatic center in Fairfield, took a walk around the neighborhood, G on his heely's, and we got to visit with Stephani and Jesus and their wonderful horses. Cocoa was great to ride and Stephani is an awesome teacher! On our arrival home, Kurt had a swollen knee to share with me - yeah! The thing was like a melon and warm to the touch.. So, after sacrament meeting today, I took him to see the docs at the minor injury clinic at Kaiser. Good thing the hospital is only the next exit down the freeway. They tested him for gout and infection, sent him home with Motrin and Keflex (an antibiotic) and a note to be off work for 2 days - I don't see that happening. For the rest of the day, I implemented my plan of action to ready the house for Natalee's return home. Research, post rules/schedules, clean, reorganize and muck out! I love this link for "Get the Crap Out of My House!". It's just fun to say. But, that's what I plan on doing. Reducing the visual noise on the wall and surface areas. Separate the kids, give them their own space in our little duplex as much as I can. Our friends, the Wendt's came over, barbecued with us and helped move some things around. Gehrig now has his own bedroom - in the kitchen! We had an eat-in area of our kitchen that we just converted into a bedroom. I'll post pictures later. If you've got any suggestions for increasing your square footage (other than moving or waving a magic wand...) I'd love to hear them.

1 comment:

SLO Rober said...

Ha, Ha! Magic wand! love it!