The Bock Family Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THE ultimate fish catching video

E. and J. were gracious enough to take Gehrig and Collin out fishing. I was a wimp and took a chair as the dubbed photographer. It was a total fluke: I thought, I'll just turn on the video and see what happens. Turns out, that's when he catches the fish! He was so thrilled. Collin also caught a fish, but it jumped off the hook - really. J caught one towards the end, so we were a happy bunch: two boys and two fish.

And, of course, we had to complete the circle of life and eat the beautiful trout. Aunt Jill hooked us up with some flour and lemon juice and Kael and I got to do the honors. Once again, the dutch oven came in super handy and we fried that baby up! It was soooo good - fresh - the way fish is supposed to taste.

3 comments:

Mae said...

That is an AWESOME video! I love hearing his voice, "I caught a fish!!!!"

SLO Rober said...

That is too cool! I agree with mae. I love the excitement in his voice.

Anonymous said...

I talked to Uncle Denny tonight and told him about Gehrig catching a fish and his excited reaction, "I caught a fish, I caught a fish" He said to tell Gehrig he still does that when he catches a fish. It never gets old!
Love,
Mom