Those words mean some yummy grub, at our camp. The moms (Gretchen and I) get together the week before we leave to plan the meals and do the shopping. We eat really well at camp - it's so much more fun to prepare food together and enjoy it in the outdoors. Here's a few pictures of the crew enjoying our first nights dinner together, Fireside Chili topped with cheese and Fritos - something my kids never have. You can find the recipe here on my cooking blog: http://www.nessascookin.blogspot.com/.
Of course, after tents were set up and dinner consumed, we had to visit the beach across the street before bedtime. So, off we trooped with our buckets and plastic bags to see what kind of treasures we could find.
And our efforts were rewarded. Check out the turqoise glass and sea urchin spines I found! That's nothing compared to what we found at Glass Beach, but that will have to wait for another day and another post.
4 comments:
So fun. We are going to camping in August, and I am so excited. Your food looks way yummier than mine ill ever be, but that is what resturants are for right?
I love ALL things camping and can't wait for the day when I can take my own boys. I'm not quite brave enough to attempt it yet, but soon enough! Such fun adventures, thanks for sharing the recipe!
I love camp food. I just may use that recipe for our Yellowstone trip coming up.
Mmmmmm....chili! I am SOOO checking that recipe out! Sure looks like a fun trip!
Post a Comment