Sunday, March 28, 2010
Weekend Projects
This last week, the weather has been so beautiful that I've been dreaming of outdoor furniture. Something to make the front of our home look more inviting and that I can sit on and watch the kids play outside in the evening. Does Heavenly Father know the desires of our hearts? I think so! Look what I found for $20 at a garage sale down the street:
I sprayed off all the gunk, let it dry in the sun, then painted it Rustoleum's "heirloom white", to go with the new fabric I purchased (also on sale!) for the cushion. Here's the repainted version - I'll post pictures when I get them done.
Once the sun went down and we had to go inside, I finished a blanket Gehrig. Yeah, it caught his eye when we were picking the fabric for cushions for the wicker seat. We decided it was time for him to have a "big boy" blanket and what a perfect design than a panel commemorating the 100th anniversary of scouting?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aaah don't you just love those little serendipitous blessings? Your bark and walkway stones in the background look good too. I bet your place is looking great with all you have done. Can't wait to see the cushions.
You are so talented! Not only because you can clean up a chair, repaint it, AND provide what I am sure are adorable cushions for it, BUT you can SEE that end from the beginning! From that first picture, all I see is a dirty wicker bench. You amaze me!
YaY!! I love me a crafty bargain. Woo Hoo for you for doing it without a pattern.Right after my own free styling heart.
Post a Comment