The Bock Family Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring...

It's a beautiful time of year. We cleaned up the backyard this weekend. It's tiny, so it didn't take long, but we reclaimed the grill, pulled out an entire plastic trash can of weeds to reveal the flower beds and planted a tomato. Then, we made our first batch of strawberry ice cream of the season, which we enjoyed with some new friends in the ward. You can check out that recipe over here: www.nessascookin.blogspot.com.
Today I took a nap in the hammock and listened to the bees buzz while I read Mistress Shakespeare. Really couldn't ask for better than that.
However, those of you with kids on the spectrum understand that spring also strikes fear in the hearts of many of us parents. There was no moon last Monday; the circadian rhythms are off, thanks to the time and season change. Exciting things happen this time of year: birthdays, talk to next year's class placements, planning for various camping trips, summer plans, etc. Change being the operative word here is creating havoc and tantrums in our household. Not to mention, hormones. It's enough to make one wonder, "Are her meds working? Are my meds working?"
In short, life's a roller coaster and we just pray that we're strong enough to survive it without too many bruises.

3 comments:

Mae said...

Good luck with the changes! I hate 'em...

By the way, I always think of you whenever I see strawberry ice cream because I recall that you always got it and as a kid I was like, "Why?! You could have chocolate! Or rocky road!" I always get a good feeling now though when I think of strawberry ice cream because of my strawberry sister!

EJ said...

I enjoyed reading this post. I miss CA springs! You will have to tell me how you like the book. That picture is one of my favorites! Might I also say amen to the last sentence? I have thought that same thing more often than I care to admit, but the last word for me is usually scars,not bruises!

The State of Our Family said...

Loved this post! Fave part: Are her meds working? Are my meds working? You crack me up! I'll have to see if Kindle downloads Mistress Shakespeare!