The Bock Family Blog

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spicy Tortilla Casserole

This recipe was demonstrated at a Relief Society meeting. It was a huge hit with our family.

Prep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min. Serves: 6

Ingredients
1 (14.5 oz.) can medium chunky salsa (fire roasted tomatoes, whatever)
1 (7 3/4 oz.) tomato sauce
9 taco-size corn tortillas, divided (can be torn to fit)
1 (16. oz.) can refried beans
1 c shredded cheddar cheese, divided
2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (You can use a rotisserie chicken or the preshreded packs of chicken - I think I even used leftover turkey.)
shredded lettuce and sliced olives (optional) I used whole olives so they could be picked out by those who despise them.



1. Preheat oven to 375 deg. and spay an 8 inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Combine salsa and tomato sauce in a small bowl. Place 3 tortillas on the bottom of prepared dish.

3. Top with beans, 1/3 of sauce and 1/3 of cheese.

4. Top with remaining tortillas, remaining sauce and remaining cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. Serve with lettuce and olives, if you like. (I mixed the olives in and served it with a salad.)

No comments: