The Bock Family Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A few recent activities...

Myjobchart.com has been a huge success in our house. Natalee earned her first reward of having a few friends over for a cooking party. These are the girls that were able to come - Katelyn, Shamrina, Nat & Hannah. I fed them dinner of pizza and salad and they all got to take home some of the peanut-butter blossom cookies (with kisses on top) that they made. They were a cute group of girls. all talking about next year's choice of middle schools. Castillero or Allen - which will it be? Of course, they painted nails and watch Hannah Montana, The Movie before they all went home. I taught Art Vistas in Gehrig's 2nd grade class last week. It's a bit trickier with 30 kids this year - you walk away and they start talking. It was about sketching, as opposed to drawing - a hard concept for little ones who just learned how to hold their pencil correctly to begin with. In case you're worried about their grip - I actually taught them to hold their pencil this way (they really had a hard time with that) so they would sketch with small, short, light strokes - no erasing. We practiced with a still life portrait. I was really impressed with their building knowledge of art composition and technique in the three years I've been working with them!
The left sketch is from a very artistic girl in Gehrig's class, Athena. Gehrig's is on the right. I'm not exactly sure what planet he was on while sketching this, but here it is.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are those cute kids again!
They look like they are having fun.
Nana

The State of Our Family said...

That Athena could have her own gallery! Gehrig's looks a lot more like what I am capable of...who am I kidding...his is WAY better! :)