The Bock Family Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2010

More on Christmas

I can't let January close without posting about how blessed we were this Christmas. The budget was tight, but we had a wonderful Christmas anyway. We focused on the simple things and meaningful gifts were given and more appreciated by family near and far. While Santa was generous, his elves worked overtime for the Bock family this year. On December 13, we started receiving surprise gifts from them on our doorstep. They were pretty crafty as our evening schedule can be erratic - sometimes I have meetings for Relief Society or Kurt has basketball until late. However, we never did interrupt their delivery operation. Kurt is always one to snoop around (he doesn't miss a clue and really hates surprises) and he never caught them - that shows how good they were! This is the first letter, along with some great lotions, soap, hand sanitizer, tissues, etc. shortly after Gehrig had taken a joy ride to the emergency room for a febrile seizure: It took me about 3 days to do the math and realize that we were getting gifts for 12 nights, until Christmas Eve! We had so much fun. At first, we just waited until morning to see what was left. Then, after a few days, Kurt and I began staying up late just so we could check the porch before we went to bed. It really was like being a kid again!

4 comments:

Grandma Caroline said...

What a nice thing to do. I love doing nice things for others and I know you do to, but isn't it nice to be on the receiving end once in a while. And, yes, we are all very blessed!

Meagan said...

That is so cute. The little sayings alone took some time. You have a great family!

Annessa B. said...

Yes, they really were a treat - we couldn't wait to see what the poem read each night and knew they'd been written just for us!

The State of Our Family said...

What fun! When I was a kid my family used to pick a family each year to do the 12 days of Christmas gifts. It was so fun trying to not get caught! I think my kids are old enough now to get in on that action! Next year we'll have to adopt that tradition! :)