No, not the Saturday night kind.
We had a scary weekend! Gehrig started out complaining Thursday evening saying he wasn't going to be able to go to school tomorrow. Yeah, right, we thought - we've heard that before. Well, sure enough, he develops a fever and spends Friday in bed. Saturday morning, his fever had broke and Natalee went to a birthday party. I ended up picking her up early because she wasn't feeling good. Gehrig's fever spiked, I ended up throwing up about midnight and Gehrig had a seizure in my arms while he was trying to go to the bathroom. Scary stuff! His eyes rolled back in his head; he arched his back and fell over. We called 911 because we didn't know what was going on and he took a nifty ride in an ambulance to the hospital. Kurt went with him because, I had just gotten sick. The doctor released him only 2 hours later, after running tests and taking x-rays to make sure he didn't have pneumonia or diabetes, etc. Turns out it was a febrile seizure, but he's supposed to see his pediatrician this week, just in case.
Natalee spent most of yesterday in bed with a fever. She's doing better today, just a lot of coughing on both of their parts. We're waiting for the second wave to hit, like it did him. She'll stay out of school at least another day. Gehrig, on the other hand, is soooo going back to school tomorrow. His fever has been gone for over 24 hours and he's well enough to be bugging everybody.
I've been cleaning and doing laundry and dishes to try to curb the yucky bugs from spreading. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Monday, December 7, 2009
Fever in the house!
No, not the Saturday night kind.
We had a scary weekend! Gehrig started out complaining Thursday evening saying he wasn't going to be able to go to school tomorrow. Yeah, right, we thought - we've heard that before. Well, sure enough, he develops a fever and spends Friday in bed. Saturday morning, his fever had broke and Natalee went to a birthday party. I ended up picking her up early because she wasn't feeling good. Gehrig's fever spiked, I ended up throwing up about midnight and Gehrig had a seizure in my arms while he was trying to go to the bathroom. Scary stuff! His eyes rolled back in his head; he arched his back and fell over. We called 911 because we didn't know what was going on and he took a nifty ride in an ambulance to the hospital. Kurt went with him because, I had just gotten sick. The doctor released him only 2 hours later, after running tests and taking x-rays to make sure he didn't have pneumonia or diabetes, etc. Turns out it was a febrile seizure, but he's supposed to see his pediatrician this week, just in case.
Natalee spent most of yesterday in bed with a fever. She's doing better today, just a lot of coughing on both of their parts. We're waiting for the second wave to hit, like it did him. She'll stay out of school at least another day. Gehrig, on the other hand, is soooo going back to school tomorrow. His fever has been gone for over 24 hours and he's well enough to be bugging everybody.
I've been cleaning and doing laundry and dishes to try to curb the yucky bugs from spreading. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Scary! Glad everything is ok. And sorry about the sick bugs.
How awful, I am so sorry! Hope you all feel better soon!
That is some seriously scary stuff! Thank goodness everyone is okay. Sounds like you guys are ready to hunker down this Christmas season and get healthy!
That is so scary! I hope you all get feeling better soon!
good luck, I hope you are all better soon.
That is so scary. I hope they both get well so we can talk cousin's camp over Christmas break.
Post a Comment