The Bock Family Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Now Moon

We had such fun on Friday, some "school" friends and I. I love the group of friends that I've developed from volunteering at the kids' school, and just being there to pick the kids up. There's a group of us moms that have boys that started kindergarten together and, even though their not all in the same class every year, they still kinda hang together. A big chunk of us also have pre-teen girls. Needless to say, we talk parent psychology - a lot! Anyway, we've started doing things just for fun, to fill our buckets, so to speak, while the kids are in school. Last week, we bought tickets on Fandango ahead of time and went to see New Moon at 10 am! It was really fun. We felt like we were ditching! Props to my friend in Utah that threw an amazing New Moon release party. Check it out! I'm totally impressed with their decorating, even having not seen the movie. My friends were lucky I threw a muffin at them in a sandwich baggie while we waited in line for the 10 am showing on Friday. Our theater on Capital didn't even open until 9:30! We got there right after we dropped the kids off, around 8:45 and then went to Starbucks for hot cocoa because there was no sign of life even in the lobby.

3 comments:

Sherri said...

Aw, I'm touched. If we were closer you totally would have been there. It was lots of fun! I hope you enjoyed the movie. I did. Such better effects! My fav part if when Edward is leaving Bella in the woods and kisses her on the forehead. The expression on his face is so good, it just rips one's heart out.

The State of Our Family said...

Wow! Cool new layout! I enjoyed the movie too. I know a lot of fans of the books are either really hard on the movies or complete worshippers of ANYTHING Twilight. I am somewhere in between. My favorite fb status about Twilight the day it came out was...
"tWHYlight"
Made me laugh! :)

Anonymous said...

I am waiting to take the girls, maybe my boys too, to see the movie. Still dealing with issues on my end... ;-)