The Bock Family Blog

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Little "Brother" does it again!

Once again, I must say how much I enjoy putting the kids to bed and flying on a sewing project! I can actually do it on this "new" (2 years) old machine. (Susan W.: It's a an Inovis NX-450 Q quilt club edition.I'm sure they've got something cooler out now, but I'm still loving how the thing automatically tacks and cuts at the push of one button; I love how easy it is to thread, fill bobbins, change needles and feet. I love how many fun stitches it does and that it actually does them without having to mess with it!) I had the piecing of the top done for a long time, but did the borders, quilting and binding all tonight. Love it when the machine cooperates! Anyhoo - here's what Mom is getting tomorrow for the Thanksgiving table. I hope she likes it; I loved the colors and leaf embroidery I used to tack down the French double binding (something I've never done by machine before.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That table runner is gorgeous and thank you so much about telling me about your sewing machine. I love the colors in your projects. I always have a hard time picking prints and colors, so I drag Sheldon along with me to get his input...he is better at picking colors than I am.

Mae said...

IN LOVE!!!

Hint hint, if you ever want to give me something, I would like something just like this...with acorns and oak leaves, but maybe in green tones. IN LOVE! You AMAZE me!

Can't wait to see it in person in 30 minutes!

The State of Our Family said...

Wow! I feel like I need the gift of tongues in order to understand the first paragraph, but it sure is pretty! Impressive, girlfriend! :)

Lee Family said...

That is absolutely gorgeous, Annessa! Wow!